Taking Care of Your New Tattoo
Days 1 - 4 of Your New Tattoo:
- Wash your hands before ever touching your tattoo.
- Remove your bandage 2-4 hours after tattoo session.
- Wash your tattoo gently with soap and water, using a clean wash cloth, removing all blood, excess pigment, and fluids from your fresh tattoo.
- Rinse your tattoo thoroughly after washing.
- Do not wipe/rub your tattoo to dry after washing. ALWAYS pat dry, and then let it air dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Apply a thin layer of ointment (provided by Gypsie Soul) to the freshly tattooed area.
- Repeat these steps, and re-apply new ointment 3 times per day for the first 4 days of your tattoo.
First Month of Your New Tattoo:
- Continue using the cleaning steps above to gently clean your tattoo every day.
- On the 5th day of your new tattoo, you may start using a non-scented lotion instead of the ointment.
- Do not pick, itch or scratch the tattoo or surrounding area.
*Please note: Gypsie Soul Tattoo and its artists will not be held responsible for tattoos that are damaged during the healing process.